[Click] polling patch for e1000-7.3.20

Roman Chertov rchertov at purdue.edu
Wed Jan 17 13:38:08 EST 2007

Also I noticed that now in the poll_on the driver essentially gets
reset.  I tried a similar approach before but never invested the time to
make it reset properly.  I have seen cases (just like you) where the
driver upon a click-unload will stop at 254 packets and never TX
anymore; however, unloading/reloading e1000 driver usually fixed the
problem.  So I guess the new poll_on method is pretty similar to just
restarting the whole device :)

Roman