[Click] polling patch for e1000-7.3.20

Nicholas Weaver nweaver at ICSI.Berkeley.EDU
Wed Jan 17 11:18:14 EST 2007

Thanks.  Before I start hacking on my system here for this, I want to
make sure others have been happy with this procedure (yes, I'm stupid,
especially when it comes to hardcore Linux hacking).

Full install Fedora Core (I'm going to use Core 6).
Get the 2.6.16.13 kernel from kernel.org
Configure the kernel using the .config from /lib/modules/VERSION/build etc.
Install the driver e1000-7.3.20 from sourecforge.

Compile and build the kernel (to make sure its working)

Grab click from CVS

Apply Matt Gordon's patch to the Click build directory.

Recompile and rebuild the kernel.

Run a simple FromDevice/ToDevice test to make sure its happy.

On Wed, Jan 17, 2007 at 12:27:48AM -0800, Massimiliano Poletto composed: