[Click] Nsclick optimalization in todevice

Wim Vandenberghe wim.vandenberghe at intec.ugent.be
Fri Jan 12 07:35:46 EST 2007

Hi,

because my nsclick simulations took a long time to complete, I analysed
them using a profiler, and i discovered that the main problem was that
the run_task of the tosimdevice whas called a lot, and that it tried to
pull upstream, even if there were no elements available in the queues
before it.

So i added a notifier to the tosimdevice (like in a unqueue), so that
the task will only be scheduled if there is a packet available upstream.
First results where very promising, simulations were performed five
times faster then before. I have included the changed tosimdevice
sources in attachment, maybe some more people could test this code and
verify if this speeds up their simulations, and if the simulation
results are still the same.

Kind regards,

Wim