[Click] timestampaccum and TIMESTAMPS.

Nicola Arnoldi nicola.arnoldi at dit.unitn.it
Wed Jan 10 07:50:52 EST 2007

Dear all,
I have another challenging question for you.
I am willing to use the TimestampAccum element contained in the analysis
package.
Documentation says that it works with timestamps.
I looked into the code and I learnt the following:
-> FromDevice grabs this timestamp and sets a packet annotation
-> TimestampAccum works with this annotation.

Now the questions:
- What timestamp is it?
- Who sets that timestamp and where?

I mean, it seems not an IP timestamp. I was wondering if the timestamp
is set before packet transmission or at the time it is received.

Thanks

Nicola