[Click] nsclick wireless traces etc

David Bath david.bath at triaddo.com
Mon Feb 26 07:53:45 EST 2007

Hey List,

Sorry, me again.  I've done a bit of ns debugging, and in cmu-trace.cc
(which seems to handle the tracing) there's a function CMUTrace::command
which is responsible for setting the newtrace variable.

CMUTrace::command(int argc, const char*const* argv) {

        if(argc == 3) {
                if(strcmp(argv[1], "node") == 0) {
                        node_ = (MobileNode*)
TclObject::lookup(argv[2]);
                        if(node_ == 0)
                                return TCL_ERROR;
                        return TCL_OK;
                }
		if (strcmp(argv[1], "newtrace") == 0) {
			newtrace_ = atoi(argv[2]);
		        return TCL_OK;
		}
        }
	return Trace::command(argc, argv);
}

However, although it's being called, argv[1] is always "namattach" or
"attach" or "target", so the newtrace_ variable is never set.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated!

Best Regards,

Dave