[Click] nsclick wireless traces etc

David Bath david.bath at triaddo.com
Sat Feb 24 20:17:17 EST 2007

Hi List,

This may be the wrong place, but the nsclick lists appear to have moved
and I haven't managed to track them down.  Please feel free to redirect
me if this is best answered somewhere else.

I've been working with ns(2.3) and latest[checked out a few days ago]
click(cvs).

As far as I can tell, basic features are working fine.  However, I'm
having some problems with the trace format.

I've tried the well documented:

set tracefd [open "<filename>" w]
$ns_ use-newtrace
$ns_ trace-all $tracefd

But the trace file comes out in the old format still.

I also don't quite understand how the ClickNode factory works.  Is the
standard mobilenode creation process triggered?

i.e. is $ns_ node-config .... etc valid syntax? (I ask because setting
movementTrace ON like this seems to make no difference).

Any help would be gratefully received.  I seem to have run dry on web
resources on this issue (at least, I am supposing it's an nsclick thing
as the standard instructions for ns don't seem to work).

Cheers,

Dave Bath
University of Bristol