[Click] How to write the actions on the incoming packets

sam barker sam.barker0 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 20:44:07 EST 2007

Hi all,
I am a newbie.
When you are writing an element you have the .hh file and the .cc when
specify the methods.

Suppose I have 2i/p and 2o/p ports.How do I specify that if the input packet
comes on port1 ,I want method1 and method2 to act on it and if the packet
comes in port2 I want only method2 to act on it.

I understand the how the configuration file connects two or more elements
but I dont understand how to specify the actions that should take place when
the packet it being transfered from the ip port and to the output port with
in an element.

Regards,
Sam