[Click] Write handler problem

Daniel Henkel henk at gmx.com
Thu Dec 6 11:10:53 EST 2007

Marco,

one possible solution would be to introduce a central
information/configuration element which gets queried by all ICMP
advertisers. You would only change the parameter once in that element
and all others get notified of the change or query in a set interval.
One example is given in elements/analysis/aggregateipflows.hh, and
related elements like ToIPFlowDumps (elements/analysis). (There was an
email by Eddie on this subject some time ago.)

Cheers,
- Daniel.

-------
Thursday, December 6, 2007, 8:05:38 AM, you wrote:

> Hi,

> while implementing an element for ICMP router discovery (RFC 1256), I added a
> write handler to configure the advertisement-interval at runtime. This interval
> is the time between sending advertisement-messages on multiple interfaces of my
> router. I've got one advertisement element for each interface, eg:
ICMPAdvert(eth0) ->> ToDevice(eth0);
ICMPAdvert(eth1) ->> ToDevice(eth1);
ICMPAdvert(eth2) ->> ToDevice(eth2);