[Click] expensive push in kernel mode

Eddie Kohler kohler at cs.ucla.edu
Wed Aug 29 13:46:58 EDT 2007

Hi Giovanni,

Unfortunately, it's difficult to control the headroom on packets emitted
by FromHost, because those packets are generated by non-Click code in
the kernel.  I think you'd have to modify the kernel.

LinuxIPLookup USED to work in kernel space, but it does not do so now.
You might take a look at the code in
elements/linuxmodule/lookupiproutelinux.cc and see if you can update it.
  We'd love to see patches.

Eddie