[Click] About the Counter element

Eddie Kohler kohler at cs.ucla.edu
Tue Aug 28 22:48:05 EDT 2007

Hi Roberto,

Actually, the smoothing factor for that RateEWMA is 1/16, as extrapolated from
the stability_shift of 4 (the first template parameter).

None of this was easy to figure out before, since none of it was documented.
But it is now.

http://www.read.cs.ucla.edu/click/doxygen/classDirectEWMAX.html
http://www.read.cs.ucla.edu/click/doxygen/classFixedEWMAXParameters.html
http://www.read.cs.ucla.edu/click/doxygen/classStabilityEWMAXParameters.html

http://www.read.cs.ucla.edu/click/doxygen/classRateEWMAX.html
http://www.read.cs.ucla.edu/click/doxygen/structRateEWMAXParameters.html

Note that this documentation applies ONLY to the current version of Click.

Eddie