[Click] FromHost->ToDevice and ARPResponder

Eddie Kohler kohler at cs.ucla.edu
Tue Aug 28 16:34:14 EDT 2007

Hi David,

Well, I guess the config you mention:

RealToDevice :: Queue -> ToDevice(eth0);

RealFromHost:: FromHost(real0, 192.168.0.3/25);
RealToHost :: ToHost(eth0);
RealHostSplitter :: Classifier(12/0806 20/0001,	// ARP request
			   12/0806 20/0002,	// ARP response
			   12/0800,        	// IP packets
			   -);			// Any others

// Routing Setup
RealFromHost -> RealHostSplitter;
RealHostSplitter[0] -> Print(Real_Out_ARP_RQ) -> RealToDevice;
RealHostSplitter[1] -> Print(Real_Out_ARP_RP) -> RealToDevice;
RealHostSplitter[2] -> Print(Real_Out_IP) -> RealToDevice;
RealHostSplitter[3] -> Print(Real_Out_Other) -> RealToDevice;

might in fact work, as long as the address you gave to FromHost (namely
192.168.0.3) actually exists on the eth0 local network -- that is, as long as
the local network (eth0) will respond to ARP requests for 192.168.0.3,
eventually responding to the current host.

Does it work?

Eddie