[Click] Click debugging

Roman Chertov rchertov at purdue.edu
Thu Aug 23 14:37:32 EDT 2007

The first thing is to look at the packet counters at
ToDevice/FromDevice.  If your server has received packets
(FromDevice/count > 0), then it is a problem in the Server config.

However, looking at your script I would say that probably your Client
config is incorrect as it doesn't look like you specify the correct MAC
addresses.  You don't supply src/dst MACs in EnsureEther so your frames
do not get received by the server.  You can also do something like this.

              ->EnsureEther(0x0800, src_mac, dst_mac)
              -> t::Tee
              ->ToDevice(eth0)

t[1]->ToHostSniffers(ethX)  (where ethX is just some device on your
system).   Then run ethereal and sniff on that device, and you can find
out exactly what your are outputting on the link.

Roman