[Click] Polling patch problems with Intel 82571EB.

Egi, Norbert n.egi at lancaster.ac.uk
Tue Aug 21 13:52:11 EDT 2007

Hi Matt,

Thank you very much for the patch, I've been testing it quite a lot and can say that it is very stable, although I have some performance issues with it. With one interface I'm polling the maximum possible rate (1.488.095 pps) out of the interface, but when I have two interfaces up the rates go down to around 1.000.000pps with multi-threading. It stays on this rate for all time, but I know that with the (in my system unstable) patch of the CVS I was able to pull max rate from both interfaces, only of course when it happened to work.

Can you tell me what packet rates you get out of two interfaces, if you have measured it yet?

I also tried removing the reset code and the mod_timer lines, but in those cases it didn't really work in my system either.

Cheers,
Norbert