[Click] Interacting with handlers with userspace Click

Beyers Cronje bcronje at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 10:35:02 EDT 2007

Through ControlSocket element. This is build into click.

Just start userlevel click with the -p flag i.e. 'click -p 777 config.click'.
Then you can telnet to port 777.

man click for more info on the -p flag
and
http://read.cs.ucla.edu/click/elements/controlsocket for info on the
commands supported in controlsocket.

For example:

FromDevice(eth0) -> cc::Counter -> Discard;

click -p 777 click.config

telnet 127.0.0.1 777
> read cc.rate

Beyers