[Click] random

Eddie Kohler kohler at cs.ucla.edu
Tue Aug 7 09:51:20 EDT 2007

Jean-Sebastien,

(1) If you are planning to run your element in the kernel, then you cannot use
C's "double" or "float" types.  These types should never be used in the kernel.

(2) If you are running at user level, you can call drand48() to get a random
number between 0 and 1 (including 0, excluding 1).  This is a C standard
library function.

(3) Or you can say "(double) random() / (RAND_MAX + 1)" to get a double random
number between 0 and 1.

Eddie