[Click] Compilation

Bart Braem bart.braem at ua.ac.be
Tue Aug 7 09:47:49 EDT 2007

On Monday 30 July 2007 17:20, JS wrote:
> Thanks in fact it seems to be because I was doing 'make' and not 'make
> install' to compile the element.
> I was using 'make' because of the tutorial I found here
> http://www.pats.ua.ac.be/software/click
> so if anyone know who wrote those tutorials I could inform them of the
> mistake.

(As mentioned on the first slide of those tutorials, I am one of the authors.)
We don't advise the use of 'make install' for our students as they work on
shared systems without root access. Also, in the tutorial we write that once
you did a 'make install', you should keep doing it to update your binary.

Bart
--
Bart Braem
PATS research group