[Click] How do I do this?

Beyers Cronje bcronje at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 11:07:43 EDT 2007

Adam,

Is your firewall rules setup correctly? In other words is your firewall not
blocking the packets? Remember the Socket element is a standard socket that
receives data via a socket interface, so normal firewalling rules apply.

For testing maybe first start a TCP server through the Socket element and
see if you can telnet successfully to the socket element.

You asked before the differences between the two option. Socket element
receives only the data portion of packets as per normal UDP/TCP rules. You
might want to look at RawSocket element if you want to receive the full IP
header + data, but I have never used it before. Whereas the IPClassifier
option receives the entire packet intact.

Beyers