[Click] generating random destination IP packets?

Eddie Kohler kohler at cs.ucla.edu
Wed Apr 25 13:44:13 EDT 2007

Hi Azeem,

1. Yes, I believe both SetRandIPAddress and AnonymizeIPAddress can
generate broadcast addresses, although SetRandIPAddress can generate
random addresses *within a prefix*, which can avoid multicast.  Patches
welcome.

2. Kernel or user space?  Our tests were in user space -- special
handling might be required for the kernel, haven't looked into it.

Eddie