[Click] MultiQ runtime problem : does "undefined symbol: _ZTI17AggregateListener" ring a bell?

Guillaume Urvoy-Keller Guillaume.Urvoy at eurecom.fr
Tue Apr 24 05:20:40 EDT 2007

After a successful installation of click (using the conf examples, it
works correctly) and an apparently correct (configure.make,make install)
for the packages, we have tried to use  mutliq  using the example
config file provided as a test  (and a tcpdump file on the standard
input) :

 require(models);
  d :: FromDump(-, STOP true, FORCE_IP true)
     -> IPClassifier(tcp)
     -> a :: AggregateIPFlows
     -> tcpc :: TCPCollector(tcpinfo.xml, SOURCE d, NOTIFIER a)
     -> Discard;
  MultiQ(TCPCOLLECTOR tcpc);

We always fall on the following error:

package /opt/click_1.5.0/lib/models.uo
: undefined symbol:
_ZTI17AggregateListener
requirement 'models' not available
collect:4: unknown element class 'AggregateIPFlows'
collect:5: unknown element class 'TCPCollector'

The shared library models.uo has been correctly installed and updated
while installing the packages. Did anyone encounter this error? We made
the test on fedora core 6 and redhat distributions (we did a
user-level installation only).

Thanks in advance.

Guillaume