[Click] generating random destination IP packets?

Eddie Kohler kohler at cs.ucla.edu
Thu Apr 19 14:42:43 EDT 2007

Hi Azeem,

You are missing one additional step: StoreIPAddress.

FastUDPSource -> SetRandIPAddress -> StoreIPAddress(16) ->
SetUDPChecksum -> SetIPChecksum should do it.

If you are really trying to max out your outgoing bandwidth, you might
want to alter FastUDPSource to set random destination IP addresses
yourself, to avoid the additional checksums.  But don't optimize
prematurely, of course: wait and see if you have a problem.

Eddie