[Click] generating random destination IP packets?

Azeem Khan azeem_k at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 17 05:38:53 EDT 2007

Hello everyone,

   I wish to generate UDP/IP packets with random destination IP addresses at different rates.  From reading the Click element documentation, I believe that FastUDPSource + SetRandIPAddress + SetUDPChecksum + SetIPChecksum should do the trick. Am I correct?

   Will SetRandIPAddress also set the IP destination address randomly besides the annotation?

   If so, can anyone give me an example on how to use the SetRandIPAddress element? I cannot seem to get it right. I am not clear on what the arguments mean.

Thank You.

Azeem Khan
Bombay, India.