[Click] Help with kernel OOPS

Vivek raghunathan vivek.raghunathan at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 19:12:20 EDT 2006

All,

The bug I reported is not specific to my code, and is probably a
ToDevice race condition that I was inadvertently triggering. Using the
following configuration generates the same kernel oops with EIP at
ToDevice::run_task() in interrupt context. (My Ethernet NIC is a Intel
Pro/100 using the e100 driver.)

  AddressInfo(MyEther 00:11:25:2D:7D:33, RemoteEther 00:11:25:47:EA:7B,
            MyIP 10.1.1.2/8, RemoteIP 10.1.1.1/8, BroadcastAddr 10.255.255.255);

  FromHost(fak0, MyIP, ETHER MyEther) -> q1::Queue
  q1 -> [0]prio::PrioSched -> Print(test_tx, 100) -> ToDevice(eth0);
  FromDevice(eth0) -> Print(test_rx, 100) -> SetPacketType(HOST) ->
ToHost(fak0);

  splsrc::InfiniteSource(
  DATA \<aa bb cc dd ee ff>, LIMIT -1, STOP true);
  splsrc -> ipenc::IPEncap(222, MyIP, BroadcastAddr);
  ipenc -> ethenc::EtherEncap(0x0800, ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff, MyEther);
  ethenc -> q2::Queue;
  q2 -> [1]prio;

-Vivek

--