[Click] wifi llc handling problem in Click 1.5

Mathias Kurth kurth at informatik.hu-berlin.de
Fri Sep 8 14:09:58 EDT 2006

Hi,

It seems there is something wrong with the wifi llc header
in wifi.h. It does not consist of 6 bytes as expected:

#define wifi_llc_header ((const uint8_t *) "\xAA\xAA\x03\x00\x00")

The result is that the org-code is not zero and most of the
client station's wifi drivers do not accept the generated frame.

BTW: We've got another problem with the align element. It uses
the method Packet::shift_data(), which moves the data part of
the packet and adjusts the data and ether_header pointers according
to the offset. But if ether_header() points to a valid Ethernet header,
the header is not moved in memory so that ether_header() does not point to
the header any more. Accessing ether_header() afterwards results
obviously in trash data.
Is it a bug? Or is the behavior intentional and we use the
ether_header() in a wrong way?

Kind regards,
Mathias