[Click] click wifi frame format

Rui Liang rliang04 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 13:11:42 EDT 2006

Hi,
     I use the configuration as following on a Station to send the
probe request to an Access Point(click doesn't run on the AP),but can
not get any beacon info from the AP(0 DATA as I see from bs.scan).
     Does it need to run Click both on the Station and the AP?
     What is the difference between the click wifi frame format and
the  802.11 protocol-defined i frame format?
     What is the "click_wifi_extra"  defined in "wifi.h"?

rates :: AvailableRates(DEFAULT 2 4 11 22)
winfo :: WirelessInfo(SSID "cisco", BSSID  00:0a:eb:89:36:73, CHANNEL 6)
control :: ControlSocket("TCP", 7777)

q::Queue(10)
-> set_rate :: SetTXRate(2)
-> set_power::SetTXPower(63)
-> extra_encap :: ExtraEncap()
->to_dev::ToDevice(eth1)

bs :: BeaconScanner(RT rates, WIRELESS_INFO winfo)
->q

from_dev :: FromDevice(eth1, PROMISC true)
->PrintWifi(ReceivedWifi)
->bs

     Thank you for your help!

--