[Click] dynamically create/destroy queues for advanced scheduling

Paine, Thomas Asa PAINETA at uwec.edu
Mon Nov 27 14:51:47 EST 2006

Nicola,
        I implemented a Deficit Round Robin queuing element (PUSH_TO_PULL).  DRR provides byte for byte fair queuing without the need to schedule each queue.
        I implemented the element using a map and queue pool.  Mine is currently IP based.  You could certainly make something flow based.  The queues come from a pool, so unless the demand calls for more, the pool's size doesn't need to grow (alleviating the need for repeated memory allocation).  Queues (pointers) are then just recycled as IP traffic comes and goes.

DRR (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deficit_round_robin)

Thanks,
   Thomas Paine (paineta at uwec.edu)
   University of Wisconsin - Eau Claire