[Click] Help! - Logging packets to /proc

Roman Chertov rchertov at purdue.edu
Fri Nov 24 01:42:56 EST 2006

The driver is part of Click actually.  It is just a gateway from Click
to user level land.  I've been able to achieve 500Kpackets/s in some
test cases through this interface which is much better than libpcap.
I will post the driver code in a few days once I am back from
Thanksgiving travel.

Roman

Praveen Balasubramanian wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to achieve the same functionality in a Click element rather than a
> spearate driver. But I would surely like to have a look at how your driver gets
> Click packets and writes them to /proc/touserX.
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> Praveen
>
> Quoting rchertov at purdue.edu:
>
>> I have created two device drivers that are integrated with Click. One allows
>> user level app to write raw IP packets to Click, and the other one allows a
>> user
>> level app to read raw IP packets out of click. (i.e. read from /dev/touserX
>> or
>> write to /dev/toclickX) Both drivers just maintain two circular buffers and
>> are
>> thread safe.  If there is interest in these I can release them.
>>
>> Roman
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I am using a Click router configuration in kernel mode.
>>> I want to add an element that logs packets in /proc. I tried using
>>> read_handler function (add_read_handler), but that is static and hence
>>> can't be used by multiple element instances.
>>> Should I add /proc handling code to the element or is there any way to
>>> use an existing Click interface to do the same?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Praveen