[Click] Problem with ToHost/FromHost

marco.wenzel@stud.tu-ilmenau.de marco.wenzel at stud.tu-ilmenau.de
Mon Nov 13 10:12:53 EST 2006

Hi all,

while playing around with some kernelmode scripts I found out strange problems
with the ToHost and the FromHost elements. Sending packets to the kernel using
ToHost and a fake-device works fine. But the kernel seems to discard these
packets silently. I tried out pings, ssh- and ftp-requests. I am sure, that
packets, sent to the kernel,  have the correct Ethernet headers. And I am sure
that i configured the FromHost element like in the documentation with the
ARPResponder notation.

I also tried out the fromhost-tunnel.click script, but it took the same effect.
Packets were correctly sent to the kernel, but coul not be fetched by FromHost.

I am using Click 1.5.0 and a current CVS-Version on a Gentoo linux with Vanilla
kernel 2.6.16-13.

Can anybody tell me, what i am doing wrong? Are there maybe some kernel options,
which i have to set?