[Click] dynamic IP-in-IP encapsulation

Yi Wang yiwang at CS.Princeton.EDU
Mon Nov 6 20:22:04 EST 2006

Hello,

Is there an efficient way to do dynamic IP-in-IP encapsulation in Click,
e.g., after a packet passes through a IPRouteTable, encapsulate it with
the new destination address set to the dst address in the annotation.

It seems to me that the IPEncap only does static encapsulation. Does it
mean that I need to do some hack to do dynamic IP-in-IP encapsulation?
One such way may be to add a new IP header to packets before they enter
the IPRouteTable, and rewrite the outer destination address using the
annotation after the lookup. But I was wondering if there is better way
to do this.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Yi