[Click] Compiling userlevel click with kernel 2.6 and running with kernel 2.4 - little help...

karol kowalik karol.kowalik at cnri.dit.ie
Mon Mar 27 04:16:33 EST 2006

Hi Torquato,

In order to do this you need to use gcc32 complier, which is included in
the compat-gcc (under fedora: yum install compat-gcc ). Then you need to
edit the file “configure.in” and set:

AC_CHECK_TOOL(CC, gcc32)
AC_CHECK_TOOL(CXX, g++32)

After that you can ./configure

If you still have the same problems, please search for gcc and g++ in
the Click makefiles, and replace them by gcc32 and g++32. For example:

CLICKCC = gcc -w -W -Wall
CLICKCXX = g++ -w -W -Wall -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti  -D__SMP__

replace by:

CLICKCC = gcc32 -w -W -Wall
CLICKCXX = g++32 -w -W -Wall -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti  -D__SMP__

Karol