[Click] kernel click - packet timestamps

Alastair McKinley amckinley03 at qub.ac.uk
Fri Mar 24 08:54:03 EST 2006

Hi Eddie,

Sorry for the lack of info.  The packets are just spanning tree packets
from a switch.

I ran this config at userlevel and kernel mode to illustrate my problem:

FromDevice(eth0, PROMISC true) -> Queue() -> Print("Packet",24,TIMESTAMP
true) -> TimedSink(0.1);

When I run this at userlevel, the packet timestamps get printed nicely.
However, when I run this in kernel mode click, the packet timestamps all
appear as 0.000000.

I'm not sure why this is, so I'm stuck!

Alastair