[Click] Roofnet on OPENWRT

Roberto Riggio roberto.riggio at create-net.org
Thu Mar 23 13:13:20 EST 2006

Hi everyone,

my name's Roberto and this is the first time that I post on this ml.

I'm a PhD student at the university of Trento (Italy) and I'm deploying
a WMN in out labs. At the present stage we are evaluating different
platforms (like Microsoft's MCL).

We would like to deploy a WMN based on roofnet using the Asus WL-500g
Deluxe as mesh nodes (with OpenWRT).

We were able to cross-compile click for those devices, however since at
the moment e have just one router we are not able to test the roofnet
functionalities.

Here come the question. In order to run roofnet it is mandatory to have
an Atheros wifi card? If, not, we could run in some limitation by using
the broadcom adapter that is shipped with our future mesh nodes?

Thanks

Roberto Riggio
PhD Student
CREATE-NET