[Click] click on 2.6 kernel stability

Beyers Cronje bcronje at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 09:10:17 EST 2006

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the reply. I am running a pure Intel 82545GM card connected to a
100Mb switch. I used this same card on my old MB running 2.4.26 in polling
mode with the same e1000-5 click driver with no problems. Unfortunately I
had to replace my MB and the new SIS661 chipset is not supported on
the 2.4kernel.

What version or date of Click source are you using? Are you running the
E1000-5x driver?

I've come across one possible bug in the e1000-5x driver, in the event of a
TX timeout the driver's tx timeout routine is called where interrupts are
enabled again, even though click polling is still enabled/active. But I'm
struggling to find out why the tx timeout happens in the first place.

Using FromDevice works well though, so I'm looking into the polling side of
things for now.

Thanks

Beyers