[Click] packet arrival times

Alastair McKinley amckinley03 at qub.ac.uk
Fri Mar 3 11:48:49 EST 2006

Hi everyone,

I would like to know the relative time at which packets arrived at two
separate interfaces and act on this information later in my click
configuration.  Unfortunately I'm not quite sure how this works, so I'm
not sure if its possible.

I think the device driver sets the packet timestamp in sk_buff->tstamp,
right?  I dont think FromDevice does anything with the timestamp (or
does it)? Typically how many packets would be retrieved from an
interface per interrupt?

Would this task be any easier if I was using a polling capable device?

Please excuse my poor understanding of this and barrage of questions!

Best regards,

Alastair