[Click] ErrorHandler 'Seriousness'

Beyers Cronje bcronje at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 09:39:47 EDT 2006

Hi Eddie,

Basically what I'm looking for is a way to populate my element code with
debug/error messages and associate a 'Seriousness' level to each message.
Then have the ability to at runtime via handler calls enable/disable
printing of each 'Seriousness' level.

I suppose one way to do this is to create a new 'DebugElement' with base
class 'Element' that implements all necessary handlers and 'Seriousness'
level printing handling. Then one could create new elements derived from
'DebugElement'  if you require the debug/error features.

In short, this will provide a similar feature to Cisco's IOS 'debug
[feature]' and 'no debug [feature]'  functionality.

Does this make any sense?

Beyers