[Click] [Madwifi-users] RSSI values reported by click printwifi

Matt Brown matt at mattb.net.nz
Thu Jun 15 21:42:10 EDT 2006

Hi Robert,

Robert Owen wrote:

> Can anyone verify whether the numbers are the percentages, or the real
> values after multiplying by 60, or in some other units such as dB?
> Also I want to know how click/madwifi obtains the RSSI info from the
> card. Can anyone point to me the relevant code?

This is all documented at
http://madwifi.org/wiki/UserDocs/RSSI

In particular the attachment Converting Signal Strength contains the
necessary formula to extra dBm from the RSSI. It's very simple.

Please refrain from cross-posting to so many lists in future, It's very
bad style.

Cheers

--
Matt Brown