[Click] How to send pkts larger than 1500bytes on ethernet

Torquato Bertani torquato at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 14:02:37 EDT 2006

Hi all,
I'm trying to send frames larger then 1500 bytes on ethernet with
click because I'm trying to implement an experimental
"routing/switching" protocol on level 2. The problem is that the
routing header+standard IP pkt is too large to fit a standard ethernet
10/100 frame of 1500. The idea is to avoid frame fragmentation (due to
network overhead and implementations problem). I found that I can
easely increase mtu of wifi frames for example but not ethernet...

Any idea on how to do that? I modified the net_init.c to allow the
kernel to set larger MTU for ethernet interfaces. Apparently works in
TX side because now I can generate pkts of 1600 and the led blink. But
in RX side I think there is some problems...it doesn't work. I'm
working with natsemi chip and I read and reread the natsemi.c driver
source code but it's my first approach to a network driver...

Thanks
Thor