[Click] 64-bit platform query

Jonathan Day imipak at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 14 19:28:00 EDT 2006

Hi,

I'm having a few problems getting Click to work on a
MIPS64 platform. The underlying problem is that Click
casts pointers to either ints or unsigned ints, which
isn't going to work too well when int is 32-bits and
pointers are 64-bits. :)

When looking into it a bit further, I ran into another
problem. ASSERT_ALIGNED is a common macro to be used,
but is specifically as needing to be 4-byte aligned.
This would not hold true if I just do a simple
modification to use unsigned long ints on 64-bit
platforms.

Does anyone have a set of patches to make Click 64-bit
clean? If not, does anyone have any suggestions on how
I could fix the type length issues without breaking
any of the requirements of Click?

Thanks for any help,

Jonathan Day