[Click] Ethernet card recommendations...

Adam Greenhalgh a.greenhalgh at cs.ucl.ac.uk
Sat Jun 10 04:17:42 EDT 2006

We are having significant trouble with tx time outs on the intel e1000
MT dual server card (specific model : 0000:03:01.1 Ethernet
controller: Intel Corporation 82546GB Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev
03)
 ) on amd64 cpu's with linux kernel version 2.6.16.13   ( Linux
computer10 2.6.16.13 #4 Thu Jun 8 17:06:31 BST 2006 x86_64 AMD
Opteron(tm) Processor 250 AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux
 ) . Next week , time permitting , I'll start delving in to the bugs
further. I'll report back to the list then. I have netperf performance
figures for these cards in a setup if needed or wanted.

Adam