[Click] iptables

Andreas Tarp click at atarp.com
Mon Jul 17 10:35:26 EDT 2006

Hello,

I have a problem with using click and iptables. The problem is that the
click (userlevel) FromDevice(dev) element seems to get a copy of every
packet received at Device "dev". Therefore filtering packets with
iptables unfortunately has no effect on click.

Usage of iptables would be the best way, because I have a peace of
software in use, that dynamically sets the iptables rules which would be
complex to convert to another solution.

Using click at kernel mode (if that would solve the problem) is also not
possible.

Thanks a lot in advance for every hint to solve the problem.

Andreas