[Click] roofnet broken, which madwifi?

Bob Keyes bob at sinister.com
Wed Jan 18 22:34:35 EST 2006

I've not been using Click & Roofnet on my x86 machines for over a month,
so when I got back to developing today I upped to the version and cvs, and
I found that my wgt634u Roofnet nodes were not hearing my x86, cvs version
of roofnet, with either prism2 or atheros hardware. To figure out where
the problem lay, I compiled and installed click/roofnet on another x86
machine with an atheros card. That machine can't see any other roofnet
node either.

So, before I go digging any further in this problem, is anyone else seeing
it? Also, is prism2 still supported? Has madwifi-ng become stable enough
for click/roofnet to work properly on it? I saw some  info to the fact
that raw transmit of madwifi-ng was only 1mbps, but perhaps this has been
fixed?

Thanks for any light which can be shed upon this problem.

-Bob