[Click] ns2 traces - ToNSTrace patch

Eddie Kohler kohler at cs.ucla.edu
Mon Feb 27 13:00:10 EST 2006

Hi Michael,

This looks neat!  I'll apply shortly.  One quick question about element
naming.  Is ToNSTrace the right name for this element?  I would have thought
that an element named ToNSTrace would generate *its own*, ns-compatible trace
file, allowing a regular Click configuration (user-level driver, not ns
driver) to generate an NS-compatible trace file.  What do you think?  Maybe
this element should be called ToSimTrace, by analogy with ToSimDevice etc.?
What are your thoughts?

Eddie