[Click] FromHost initialization(uselevel)

Lesedi lesedi.kgosietsile at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 02:27:21 EST 2006

Hello,

Sorry to be writing this again its just that i think Eddie when replying to
my previous mail,didnt really get the problem that i have.

My situation is I am trying to intercept FTP application and make it run
over a click code that I have.FTP server is in the same machine as the click
code.So i tried many elements to solve the problem:

1.I tried using FromSocket for the code to listen to the FTP port so that
everytime the port is active all packets go through the code.Using this
seems not to work,and now i thinnnnkk I understand that FromSocket does not
listen to the port but tries to connect,so i tried using another way.But it
would have been desirable to work it this way because connect to FTP client
would have been easy.

2.Now I tried using 3 machines.And tried the idea of transparent traffic
diverter.One machine runs the click code,one machine is a click server and
the other is a click client.With this I was able to listen to the FTP port
(inpackets arriving at FromDevice(eth0),)by using another code to intercept
the FTP sessions, using IPClassifier(dst tcp port  21).Then I am suppose to
use IPRewriter (pattern fake_address 1024-65535 mymachine_address  8000 0 1)
to  send them to a fake  address,then  use ToHost(devname). to store them in
my_address machine.Then FromHost to run them through IPREwrite again and my
click code i guess didnt go this far just an idea..

The problem with this is :
a)says IPRewriter output port is out of range,but then thats the range that
i can have(1024-65535)

b)ToHost needs a FromHost initialization.

I think both problems are because of the FromHost initialization.I tried
searching for how to initialize FromHost in userlevel,but then I couldn't.So
if you could help   me with how to initialize FromHost mayb my problem wil
be solved.

thanking you in advance

sedi.