[Click] FromPacket: read: Bad File Descriptor error

Hippi Do hippido at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 2 17:19:35 EST 2006

Mark,

  Thanks for the reply.  I turned VERBOSE on, and FromSocket() complained about "bad framing mark 4d657373".  It appears that the length of the data is a bogus value.  I appreciate your help in understanding the cause of the error.

  Also, the "Bad File Descriptor" error comes after the connection has been closed due to the "Bad Framing Mark" error.  It appears in the code that FromSocket::handle() function is called even if the passed-in "fd" does not match its data member "_fd".  Should FromSocket() ignore unmatched "fd" and just pass it through?

  Thanks in advance,

  Hippi

Mark Huang <mlhuang at CS.Princeton.EDU> wrote:
  Hi Hippi,

I wrote the Socket elements. I just tried your simple configuration with
"Print -> Discard" in place of "MyElement" with today's Click build and
it worked for me.

FromSocket(UDP, 0.0.0.0, 3000) -> Print -> Discard;

--Mark