[Click] Problem building nsclick

Bart Braem bart.braem at ua.ac.be
Fri Dec 22 07:30:41 EST 2006

On Friday 22 December 2006 12:22, Harald Schioeberg wrote:
> building nsclick fails for me.
> problem is the libnsclick.so:
>

> $ nm libnsclick.so  | grep srandom
> 000b3090 T _Z20click_random_srandomv
>          U _ZN5Click20click_random_srandomEv
>          U srandom@@GLIBC_2.0

I might be wrong here, but this output makes me think the symbol
Click::click_random_srandom is defined?

> and the build of ns fails with:
>
> /afs/net.t-labs.tu-berlin.de/home/harald/opt32/lib/libnsclick.so:
> undefined reference to `Click::click_random_srandom()'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>
> because only click_random_srandom, but not Click::click_random_srandom
> is defined.... anyone has seen this problem?

We didn't see it yet, altough we use nsclick quite often. Did you apply any
other patches? Which platform are you using to build?

> i'm using ns-2.30, not the recommended 2.29 because 2.29 does not build
> on my debian-testing, but the click patch applies without rejects, and i
> can't imagine how that should be related.

2.29 revision 3 should build fine on recent systems, which error do you get?

Regards,
Bart
--
Bart Braem