[Click] CLICK_BYTE_ORDER

Koen Beel koen.beel at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 03:24:14 EDT 2006

Thanks Beyers and Jason!

So I should use uintX_t variables when the number of bits are
important (e.g. defining the structure of a header).
But for other use (e.g. a counter in a for loop) I can just use int.

And atomic? When do you have 'synchronization'? e.g. in
elements/ip/checkipheader.hh:
-for _offset they just use unsigned
-and for _drops they use atomic_uint32_t
What's the difference? (why use unsigned for one and atomic for the other?)

Tx,
Koen