[Click] click driver packet path

Adam Greenhalgh a.greenhalgh at cs.ucl.ac.uk
Thu Apr 27 10:07:12 EDT 2006

hi

I'm playing with the e1000 driver and am trying to get it to work in
polling mode with the 2.6 kernel. I'm seeing driver timeouts when
sending packets from the local host because local host packets seem to
be by passing the click part of the driver and are being delivered by
the interrupt portion of the driver which I think is causing a race
condition.

Hence my question is this, which path should local packets follow when
they are going to leave from an external interface ? My suspision is
that they should not follow the interupt path if possible.

Adam