[Click] ARP problem

Koen Segers koen.segers at edpnet.be
Fri Apr 7 19:35:51 EDT 2006

On Friday 07 April 2006 17:17, Eddie Kohler wrote:
> Koen, Koen,
>
> Why, why use Click 1.4.3?  Current CVS is so much better!  It includes many
> fixes to ARPQuerier, for example!

I know click CVS is much more accurate, but my thesis must be done in
click-1.4.3 as the routing protocol I'm using is written for click-1.4.3. I
heard though that the transition of the routing elements to click-cvs is now
finished, but this wasn't the case when my thesis started. Either way, if
there is time to adapt my code to click-cvs, I will do it. Although it is not
part of my thesis description...

Anyway, I found that the problem I was having wasn't part of the ARP elements.
Valgrind gave me a wrong error report. From now one,  I double-check the
error report with ddd or gdb. Ddd showed me why the implementation of the
routing protocol wasn't able to handle duplicate ip adresses. Having this
information, made it easy to get rid of the nasty segmentation fault.

Thx for all the help

greetz

--

Koen Segers