[Click] Seg fault in IPFilter

Alastair McKinley amckinley03 at qub.ac.uk
Wed Apr 5 07:34:57 EDT 2006

Hi everyone,

Im getting a reproducible seg fault in IPFilter when I run a particular
configuration at userlevel.
A similar config at kernel level does not cause any problems.

The configuration is as follows:

FromDevice(eth0, PROMISC true) -> Tee(2);

Tee[0] -> IPFilter(dst tcp port 24,         /* To drop SSH packets on
port 24 */
                               -);

Tee[1] -> ToHost(eth0);

IPFilter[0] -> Discard();

IPFilter[1] -> Queue(32); -> Timedsink(0.1);

When I run this under gdb at userlevel I get this:

0x080a1156 in IPFilter::push (this=0x81a73e8, p=0x81ac040)
    at ../elements/ip/ipfilter.cc:1215
1215          data = *(const unsigned *)(neth_data + off);

Does anyone know why this might be?  Is there some more debugging I can
do here to find the problem?
Im running normally at kernel level, but this problem is stopping me
from debugging at userlevel.

Best regards,

Alastair