[Click] netBSD

Alex Colvin acolvin at bbn.com
Mon Apr 3 14:10:21 EDT 2006

> Click SHOULD work on NetBSD.  It compiles on OS X, Linux,  Solaris, ....  If it doesn't work, please cut and paste the exact  error so we can fix it -- your description is, shall we say,  insufficiently specific. :)

Sorry.
Usermode Click fails to compile on netbsd 3.99 using g++ 3.3.3.
The problem is an invalid last arg to EV_SET in lib/master.cc, a (void*)
where (int) is required.

On examination, it appears that the kevent.udata field is defined as
intptr_t on netbsd instead of (void*), as on freebsd. So removing the
cast to void* fixed the problem on netbsd, but causes trouble on
freebsd. I expect that C++'s pointer casting rules are partly to blame.