[Click] hot adding elements

Koen Segers koen.segers at edpnet.be
Mon Apr 3 06:41:13 EDT 2006

On Monday 03 April 2006 09:11, Eddie Kohler wrote:
> By the way, Koen, did you ever get hot-adding elements working?  You can do
> well over 1000 hotswaps an hour, in fact.  I would accomplish your goal
> below by generating & installing a new config file with the hotswap option.

I left the hot-adding idea behind. I'm working (almost finished now) on a
Distributed DHCP algorithm (based on Prime-DHCP) for address allocation of ad
hoc nodes. I'm testing my algorithm on OLSR. I wanted to load the olsr (or
other routing protocol) elements when I got an address of my DDHCP, but it
would become difficult if a duplicate (always possible) would be recognized
(again reloading?). I made it a lot easier (and easier to test): I created a
filter element. This element blocks all packets incoming or outgoing from
non-DDHCP elements. Ad hoc routing is smart enough to update their tables
when the filter is opened. It think this makes it easier for other users to
use my algorithm (no hot-adding of routing elements needed).

greetz

> Eddie

PS: please send to this address. I changed my ISP. It took Scarlet (old-ISP) a
month to replace a small element in the centrale, so I went to an other
provider.

--

Koen Segers